только у нас скачать шаблон dle скачивать рекомендуем
» » Diseases of nerves: truth and fiction

Diseases of nerves: truth and fiction

What is a psychosomatic illness?
This is a worldwide phenomenon. In 1997, the WHO conducted a survey in 15 cities around the world in order to identify the prevalence of psychosomatic symptoms. It turned out that the cause of the disease in 20% of patients should not be sought in a particular organ, and psycho-emotional sphere. Dictionaries treat somatization as a mechanism of psychological protection of the person, involving the formation of bodily symptoms, or "escape into illness".
The study, which for 3 years have seen 1,000 people found nearly all patients are the same symptoms: chest pain, fatigue, dizziness, headache, edema, back pain and abdominal pain, shortness of breath, insomnia, numbness of limbs, impotence , weight loss, cough, constipation. Physiological causes only 16% of patients were found. However, this does not mean that the other 84% had psychosomatic cause, the researchers note. Most symptoms for 84% simply did not find the known physiological reasons. For example, it is not known what causes migraine, but this does not mean that it is only a psychosomatic nature.

Diseases of nerves: truth and fiction

Body-oriented therapists release a list of diseases frequently associated with psychosomatic disorders. The list, called "Chicago Seven", is connected with the research of the famous doctor-psychotherapist and psychologist Franz Alexander Institute of Chicago.

Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer
Nonspecific ulcerative colitis
Bronchial asthma
Rheumatoid arthritis

Experts believe the complex endocrine disorders are largely related to psycho-emotional state (depressive and anxiety disorders, stressful events and irritability). "Our emotions we express through physiology: sadness - tears; joy - laughter, shame - redness. Emotions are accompanied by corresponding changes: fear and anger - heart palpitations, high blood pressure, changes in carbohydrate metabolism; despair - fast breathing, "- noted in the Encyclopedia International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences.

Depending on the situation and the environment there are different reactions. Accordingly, if you have to work on is not your favorite job, to restrain emotions, constantly endure unpleasant people, organs and systems will be in constant stress, and the body will sooner or later find a loophole out of adversity - disease.

The disease may indicate that in life it is not so

The child has control tomorrow, and he fell with the temperature; on the eve of an important meeting, you do get sick or get any consumer injury. Familiar? Suddenly the "fallen" the immune system (and as a consequence, the flu or the common cold), many psychotherapists is associated with an attempt to protect themselves from severe psychological conditions. It is believed that in this way the person achieves condescending attitude and understanding. How else to get the right to rest without feeling guilty?

Diseases of nerves: truth and fiction

According to some experts, there is a psychological reason for almost any disease. By psychosomatic disorders today include some 500 different diseases. For example, problems with the gastrointestinal tract, heart, respiratory system may be an expression of anxiety and gynecological diseases - conflict relations.

How to distinguish between psychosomatic illness from normal

Following this logic, a broken ankle and that can be attributed to psychosomatic medicine - as a result of excessive load or neglect in the family, because the injured patient receives a legitimate sick leave and close attention.

Before diagnosing a psychosomatic illness, and send to the psychotherapist, doctors must perform a variety of tests to rule out physiological disorders. But in most cases the patient will still feel frustration and anxiety for their own future, as the explanation of his symptoms have not been found. Ignoring a referral to a therapist ( "am I crazy?"), Such a person even more immersed in the disease that can torment him for many years.

Do not immediately reject the recommendations and accuse doctors of incompetence. There may indeed be a problem psychological roots. Science has long been known that the disease - still the nerves.
Users of Гости are not allowed to comment this publication.