Causes of gastritis
A clear understanding of the causes of chronic gastritis were formed relatively recently, after the discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. It became apparent that these bacteria colonize the gastric mucosa, are the most frequent causative agent of the options gastritis gastritis with high acidity of gastric juice.
The causes of chronic gastritis also include:
- Repeated and prolonged power failure mode;
- The use of acute and roughage;
- Addicted to hot food;
- Poor chewing, eating dry rations;
- The use of alcoholic beverages;
- Long uncontrolled medication, have irritating effect on the gastric mucosa (salicylates, phenylbutazone, prednisolone, certain antibiotics, sulfonamides, and others.);
- Occupational hazard (lead compounds, coal, metal dust, etc.);
- Endogenous intoxication in renal disease, gout (in which the mucous membrane of the stomach are allocated urea, uric acid, indole, skatole);
- A genetic predisposition
The symptoms of gastritis
- Aching or sharp burning pain in the upper abdomen, which is exacerbated or disappears during the meal;
- lack of appetite;
- Fullness in the upper abdomen after eating;
- weight loss
Chronic gastritis develops gradually and occurs with frequent relapses.
Without timely and comprehensive treatment of gastritis can lead to peptic ulcer and gastric bleeding. Some forms of chronic gastritis increase the risk of gastric cancer.
What can you do for gastritis
It should be emphasized that a doctor can diagnose and assign competent gastritis therapy depending on the form and severity.
The role of the patient in the treatment of chronic gastritis extremely large. After treatment of the disease requires a long and meticulous dieting to prescribed medicines.
Diet varies depending on the acidity of the stomach.
If this is the most common variant with high acidity, you need a regular fractional (4-5 times / day) meals at certain hours with the exception of products that stimulate the secretion of acid. Such products are, for example, nourishing meat, fish and mushroom broth. They should be replaced meatless or dairy soups that neutralize excess acid. Alcohol, strong tea and coffee also stimulate the production of acid and digestive enzymes. But the sweet fruit juices, non-carbonated mineral waters bicarbonate, cocoa and all kinds of jelly very well "quenched" symptoms. In addition, you have to give up foods irritating the stomach lining - with all acute, smoked, marinated and grilled.
In chronic gastritis with low acidity of the diet should also exclude acute, smoked and spicy food, which, as we know, not only usilivet acidity, but also irritates the stomach lining. But the meat and fish broth, that stimulate acid production, it is necessary to enter in your daily diet. It is necessary to exclude from the foods and meals that are digested in the stomach for a long time. They are all products of pastry, pancakes, fried pies, rice and rye bread.
In acute disease the doctor may make changes to diet.
What can a doctor
Symptoms of chronic gastritis are not sufficiently specific. Therefore, diagnosis and treatment of this disease should be performed by a qualified physician gastroenterologist. To clarify the diagnosis and determine the forms of chronic gastritis conduct additional tests:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy - visual inspection of the upper gastrointestinal tract using gastroscope - a fiber-optic tube, transmitting the image on the monitor;
- Biopsy of the gastric mucosa;
- Study of gastric secretion isolated gastritis with chronic and reduced secretion of gastric juice.
In addition, you can assign a blood test for anemia, a blood test for antibodies to Helicobacter pilori, fecal occult blood test, X-rays of the abdomen and other studies.
Treatment of chronic gastritis is composed of four main components:
- Prescription drugs that normalize the acidity of gastric juice;
- Prescriptions, reducing the gastric mucosa;
- Antibacterial therapy (in the case of confirmation of infection with Helicobacter pilori).