Coca tea is rich in calcium, iron, Vitamin A and regulates diabetes
Coca tea has many health benefits such as regulating diabetes, protecting the heart, boosting attention, preventing altitude sickness, increasing energy, stimulating the immune system, aiding in weight loss and relieving constipation. Also there are some side effects of coca tea (such as high blood pressure, elevated heart rate, irritability and migraines), especially when it is used in excess amount. Also there are some groups of people who should never use coca tea because it has cocaine which is one of the active ingredients in this tea.
This type of tea has been heavily used by indigenous people in South America for thousands of years. Coca tea is made by steeping the fresh leaves of the coca plant in boiling water. This is allowing to the powerful phytonutrients as well as trace amounts of active ingredients such as cocaine to infuse in the water. In many parts of the South America this tree is known as mate de coca. It has greenish – yellow color which is reminiscent of the green tea. Coca tea has alkaloids which are base of it and this is a reason why it is illegal drug in many countries.
You should know that it is not always easy to access coca tea, unless it has been decocainized. Coca tea has many health benefits which are result of the phytonutrients as well as B – family vitamins, Vitamin E and Vitamin C. If you drink the coca tea (which is stimulant tea) in excess amounts, then it can cause excitability and irritability because there is a concentration of cocaine which is a very powerful stimulant drug.
Health benefits of coca tea
- Drug addiction: In the recent decades, this type of tea has been used to alleviate the symptoms of addiction. When you are giving your body small amounts of cocaine, then it can help to wean the body off the substance and also it is praised as an effective means of breaking cocaine addiction in many different people. But coca leaves and cocaine and illegal in many nations so this health benefit of coca tea is understandably complicated.
- Energy boost: Coca tea has stimulant properties which can give an excellent energy boost at any time of the day. This will help you to overcome fatigue, particularly if you suffer from sleep disorders. If you drink coca tea, then you can significantly elevate your behavior and performance.
- Altitude sickness: Coca tea has been used to counter the symptoms of altitude sickness. In the Andes Mountains a great deal of coca tea is consumed and in this part of the world this tea is a part of the life. The most common symptoms of living in the clouds are lightheadedness, vomiting and nausea. This tea can help to soothe the mentioned symptoms and it can help to normalize the body to high altitudes.
Coca tea benefits and uses
- Immune system: There are some vitamins in the coca tea which are able to boost the immune system. It has Vitamin C which can stimulate the production of white blood cells and it acts as antioxidant to counter the side effects of free radicals and it can prevent infections throughout the body.
- Diabetes: Coca tea has collection of nutrients such as calcium, iron and Vitamin A which are excellent for regulating the blood sugar levels and also they can help to prevent this condition in people who regularly drink this tea. But the coca tea has also side effect such as complications involved in the diabetic patients so you need to speak with your doctor before you start using coca tea.
- Gastrointestinal health: This tea soothes the stomach. There are many people who simply chew on the coca leaves to relieve bloating or cramping or to settle indigestion. But the same effect can be achieved if you drink this tea. When coca tea is consumed regularly, then it can help to prevent diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.
- Weight loss: Coca tea has a sight appetite – suppressing quality which is goof new for people who want to lose their weight. Also it has B – family vitamins which stimulate the metabolism and this can increase the passive fat – burning. This means that you will be less tempted to overeat and you will burn more calories throughout the day.